Or. Admin. R. 660-023-0010 - Definitions
As used in this division, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Conflicting use" is a land use, or other activity reasonably and customarily subject to land use regulations, that could adversely affect a significant Goal 5 resource (except as provided in OAR 660-023-0180(1)(b)). Local governments are not required to regard agricultural practices as conflicting uses.
(2) "ESEE consequences" are the positive and negative economic, social, environmental, and energy (ESEE) consequences that could result from a decision to allow, limit, or prohibit a conflicting use.
(3) "Impact area" is a geographic area within which conflicting uses could adversely affect a significant Goal 5 resource.
(4) "Inventory" is a survey, map, or description of one or more resource sites that is prepared by a local government, state or federal agency, private citizen, or other organization and that includes information about the resource values and features associated with such sites. As a verb, "inventory" means to collect, prepare, compile, or refine information about one or more resource sites. (See resource list.)
(5) "PAPA" is a "post-acknowledgment plan amendment." The term encompasses actions taken in accordance with ORS 197.610 through 197.625, including amendments to an acknowledged comprehensive plan or land use regulation and the adoption of any new plan or land use regulation. The term does not include periodic review actions taken in accordance with ORS 197.628 through 197.650.
(6) "Program" or "program to achieve the goal" is a plan or course of proceedings and action either to prohibit, limit, or allow uses that conflict with significant Goal 5 resources, adopted as part of the comprehensive plan and land use regulations (e.g., zoning standards, easements, cluster developments, preferential assessments, or acquisition of land or development rights).
(7) "Protect," when applied to an individual resource site, means to limit or prohibit uses that conflict with a significant resource site (except as provided in OAR 660-023-0140, 660-023-0180, and 660-023-0190). When applied to a resource category, "protect" means to develop a program consistent with this division.
(8) "Resource category" is any one of the cultural or natural resource groups listed in Goal 5.
(9) "Resource list" includes the description, maps, and other information about significant Goal 5 resource sites within a jurisdiction, adopted by a local government as a part of the comprehensive plan or as a land use regulation. A "plan inventory" adopted under OAR 660-016-0000(5)(c) shall be considered to be a resource list.
(10) "Resource site" or "site" is a particular area where resources are located. A site may consist of a parcel or lot or portion thereof or may include an area consisting of two or more contiguous lots or parcels.
(11) "Safe harbor" has the meaning given to it in OAR 660-023-0020(2).
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 & ORS 197
Stats. Implemented: ORS 197.040 & 197.225 - 197.245
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.