Or. Admin. R. 690-086-0120 - Municipal Water Management and Conservation Plans: General Provisions
(1) Each Municipal Water Supplier required to submit a water management and conservation plan shall exercise diligence in implementing the approved plan and shall update and resubmit a plan consistent with the requirements of OAR 690-086-0120 to 690-086-0170 as prescribed during plan approval.
(2) Benchmarks and implementation schedules for conservation measures or other actions and other water supply development activities may be modified through the subsequent approval of an updated plan.
(3) Progress reports submitted by Municipal Water Suppliers will be used in determining whether five-year Benchmarks are being met, whether the Department will authorize additional diversion of water under Extended Permits, or if schedule changes proposed in updated plans are reasonable and appropriate.
(4) Progress reports submitted by Municipal Water Suppliers shall include:
(a) A list of the Benchmarks established pursuant to OAR 690-086-0150 and a description of the progress of the Municipal Water Supplier in implementing the associated conservation measures or other actions;
(b) Average monthly and daily diversions under each right held by the water supplier for the previous five years;
(c) A description of the results of the annual Water Audit required under OAR 690-086-0150(4)(a); and
(d) A comparison of quantities of water used in each sector as identified and described in OAR 690-086-0140(6) with the quantities of water used in each sector for the previous five years.
(5) Upon receipt of a progress report the Department shall provide public notice in the weekly Public Notice published by the Department and provide an opportunity for written public comment for 30 days following publication of the notice. The Department shall provide copies of any comments received to the Municipal Water Supplier.
(6) A water master plan that meets the requirements of OAR Chapter 333, Division 61 or the water supply element of a public facilities plan that meets the requirements of OAR Chapter 660, Division 11 that the Department has determined substantially meets the requirements of OAR 690-086-0120 to 690-086-0170 may be submitted to meet the requirements of these rules.
(7) In the development of a water management and conservation plan, each Municipal Water Supplier is encouraged to consult with the planning departments or appropriate officials of Affected Local Governments to obtain information related to demand projections in comprehensive land use plans early in the development of the plan.
(8) At least 30 days prior to submitting a draft plan to the Department, a Municipal Water Supplier shall make the draft plan available for review by each Affected Local Government along with a request for comments relating to consistency with the local government's comprehensive land use plan.
(9) Each Municipal Water Supplier preparing a water management and conservation plan is encouraged to develop and implement a program to involve the supplier's customers in the preparation of the plan. Recommendations include making the plan available for public inspection and conducting public meetings to provide information and gather input on the plan.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 536.027, 537.211 & 540.572
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 537.230, 537.630 & 539.010
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.