Or. Admin. R. 732-042-0020 - [Effective until 7/1/2023] Advisory Committee Review of Proposed Projects
(1) Sub-Recipients seeking STIF funding from a Qualified Entity through the Qualified Entity's STIF Plan shall submit a Project proposal to the Qualified Entity's Advisory Committee for review and approval. The Project proposal must include the contents described in OAR 732-042-0015(3).
(2) The Advisory Committee shall conduct its reviews and activities in compliance with its written bylaws, as described in these rules.
(3) The Advisory Committee shall meet as often as needed to advise the Qualified Entity and review Project proposals but no less than two times per year.
(4) The Advisory Committee shall:
(a) Hold public meetings, as applicable, to review every Project proposed for inclusion in the Qualified Entity's STIF Plan;
(b) Recommend approval or rejection of proposed Projects and recommend prioritization of approved Projects within the geographic boundary for which the Qualified Entity receives STIF Formula funding to the Governing Body.
(5) The Advisory Committee shall consider the following when reviewing STIF Formula Fund Projects:
(a) The extent to which the Project would advance each of the criteria listed at 732-042-0015(2)(c).
(b) Whether the Project would maintain an existing service;
(c) The extent to which the Project goals meet public transportation needs and are a responsible use of public funds; and
(d) The extent to which the Project might benefit or burden historically- or currently-marginalized communities both now and in the long term; and
(e) Other factors to be determined by the Qualified Entity or Advisory Committee such as geographic equity.
(6) Prior to adopting a STIF Plan, the Governing Body shall consult its Advisory Committee regarding the Projects proposed in the STIF Plan and seek a recommendation on the prioritization of those Projects from the Advisory Committee. The purpose of this consultation is to ensure that the STIF Plans reflect a Coordinated regional approach to Public Transportation Service that considers the public transportation needs of people residing and traveling into and out of the geographic territory of a Qualified Entity as well as larger regional population centers and to ensure that interested parties have the opportunity to review and comment on the proposed STIF Plan.
(7) A Governing Body may accept the Advisory Committee's recommendation to approve or reject a Project proposal, may return it to the Advisory Committee for modifications, or may modify it prior to inclusion in the STIF Plan for submittal to the Agency. If the Governing Body modifies the Advisory Committee's recommendation, it shall inform any affected Public Transportation Service Provider of all modifications and the explanation for such changes.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 184.619, ORS 184.658 & ORS 184.761
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 184.751-184.766
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.