Or. Admin. R. 735-010-0130 - Establishment and Use of Full Legal Name by an Individual
All of the following apply to establishment and use of a full legal name by an individual:
(1) When first applying for an Oregon driver license, driver permit or identification card, an applicant establishes the applicant's full legal name by presenting one or more documents proving:
(a) Identity and date of birth, as required under OAR 735-062-0020; or
(b) Proof of current legal name, as required under OAR 735-062-0014.
(2) When completing an application for vehicle title or registration purposes, the applicant must provide the applicant's full legal name. If there is a discrepancy between the applicant's name, as it appears on the application, and the full legal name established by the applicant, as described in section (1) of this rule, DMV will use the applicant's full legal name when issuing title or registration documents. If the applicant has not established a full legal name, as described in section (1) of this rule, DMV will use the name as it appears on the application when issuing title or registration documents.
(3) An individual must use the same name in conducting all business with DMV. The individual must also provide the DMV-assigned customer number shown on the driver license, driver permit or identification card, if known.
(4) An individual's full legal name does not include a title or honorific such as, but not limited to, Mr., Mrs., Reverend or Doctor.
(5) DMV will maintain an individual's full legal name in its records using letters of the Roman alphabet, hyphens, apostrophes and spaces. A suffix to the name may contain Roman numerals or ordinal numbers.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.616, 184.619, 802.010
Stats. Implemented: ORS 801.562, 803.015, 803.050, 803.140, 803.220, 803.370, 807.050, 807.110, 807.400, 807.420, 807.560, 809.135, 821.080
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.