Or. Admin. R. 735-170-0020 - Required Tax Report Forms and Report Preparation
(1) Every licensed dealer must prepare a tax report that completely summarizes the number of gallons of motor vehicle fuel or aircraft fuel sold, distributed, or used in the State of Oregon each month with required schedules and detail to fully explain the various entries.
(2) A schedule must be prepared identifying the gallons sold and tax due in each taxing jurisdiction administered by the Department on forms provided by the Department.
(3) Every licensed dealer must follow motor vehicle fuel tax reporting instructions and use prepared forms as provided by the Department. Willful or habitual failure to complete tax reports in the manner prescribed by the Department may result in assessment based on "best available information," collection action, and possible license suspension and revocation.
(4) "To report" or "be reported" means a complete report, with all required schedules on forms prescribed by the Department and full remittance of tax, must be received by the Department or its designated agent not later than the 25th of the succeeding calendar month.
(a) All reports and required schedules with 100 or more transactions shall be filed electronically in a manner prescribed by the Department. Once a licensee or registrant is required to file their reports electronically, all subsequent reports shall be filed electronically regardless of the number of transactions.
(b) Computerized report data may be substituted for schedule detail when the dealer has less than 100 transactions and the format is compatible with the prescribed forms.
(c) If an electronic transaction requires the payment of taxes or fees, payment of those taxes or fees within the electronic transaction shall be:
(A) Made through an Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit or credit transaction;
(B) Made in US funds.
(5) Every person (as defined by ORS 319.010(13)) producing, manufacturing, importing, distributing, and blending use fuel must report Use Fuel Handled on Schedule 735-1305D not later than the 25th day of each calendar month for use fuel handled during the preceding calendar month.
(a) Schedule 735-1305D and supporting documents may be sent with other required materials or sent via email to the department not later than the 25th day of each calendar month.
(b) Use fuel tax will not be assessed on use fuel handled and reported on Schedule 735-1305D, nor is a person who produces, manufactures, imports, distributes and blends use fuel required to be registered with the department as a use fuel licensee, unless such person also meets the definition of a user or seller as defined by 735-176-0100(3), 735-176-0150 and ORS 319.520(13).
(c) Licensed dealers that are also licensed as use fuel sellers (as defined by ORS 319.520(9)) and who report use fuel handled on use fuel seller reports by submitting those reports in accordance with the applicable statutes and rules, are not required to complete form 735-1305D.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.616, 184.619, 319.010 - 319.430, 319.990
Stats. Implemented: ORS 319.010 - 319.430, 319.990
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.