Or. Admin. R. 735-020-0000 - Perfection of a Security Interest - Definitions
The following terms and definitions apply to OAR 735-020-0000 to 735-020-0060:
(1) "Agent" means a person designated by DMV to accept applications and fees for vehicle titles and registrations, and includes a person issued a vehicle dealer certificate under ORS 822.020.
(2) "DMV" means the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division of the Oregon Department of Transportation.
(3) "EVR" means DMV's electronic vehicle registration program.
(4) "EVR integrator" is a person designated by DMV by written agreement to facilitate transactions related to the titling and registering of motor vehicles between DMV and those Oregon vehicle dealers approved by DMV to conduct EVR transactions, including but not limited to the processing of applications for vehicle title and registration.
(5) "Evidence of Ownership" as used in ORS 803.097 means a document that contains a description of the vehicle, the name of each owner of the vehicle and the name of each person to whom interest is assigned, awarded or transferred; and
(a) Is a primary ownership document as provided in OAR 735-020-0010; or
(b) Is a transitional ownership document (TOD) as provided in OAR 735-020-0015.
(6) "Ownership document" has the same meaning as "ownership record" as defined in ORS 801.377 and as used in 803.130 through 803.138.
(7) "Primary ownership document" has the same meaning as "primary ownership record" as defined in ORS 801.402 and as used in 803.130 through 803.138.
(8) "Transitional ownership document" has the same meaning as "transitional ownership record" as defined in ORS 801.562 and as used in 803.130 through 803.138.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.616, 184.619, 802.210 & 803.097
Stats. Implemented: ORS 801.130, 801.402, 801.562, 803.097 & 803.130 - 803.138
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.