Or. Admin. R. 735-020-0070 - Junk Titles
(1) Prior to issuance of an Oregon title or salvage title, DMV makes an electronic record inquiry of the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), as defined in OAR 735-024-0030.
(2) DMV may not issue an Oregon title or salvage title for a vehicle if the vehicle has a junk status or similar brand, disposition or notation as described in section (3) of this rule, as indicated:
(a) In the vehicle record within NMVTIS, as updated by a jurisdiction or other entity that is required to report to NMVTIS under 28 CFR Part 25.
(b) On the current title, certificate, or ownership document.
(3) A junk or similar brand, disposition or notation is a word, term, brand or notation that includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
(b) Dismantled or Dismantler only;
(g) Parts only;
(i) Crushed; or
(j) Wreck or Wrecker only.
(4) Section (3) of this rule does not include the word, term, brand or notation of "salvage."
(5) A designation as described in section (2)(a) of this rule is based solely on a determination made by a jurisdiction or other entity required to report to NMVTIS under 28 CFR Part 25, as indicated in NMVTIS.
(6) A designation as described in section (2)(b) of this rule is based solely on a determination made by another jurisdiction, as reflected on the current title or other ownership document issued by that jurisdiction.
(7) Notwithstanding section (2) of this rule, DMV may issue a branded title for a vehicle when the vehicle record within NMVTIS lists the vehicle as "scrap" or "crushed" if the vehicle record in NMVTIS subsequently lists the vehicle as "sold."
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 184.619, 802.010, 803.045 & 803.140
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 803.045, 803.140, 28 CFR Part 25 and 49 U.S.C. § 30502
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.