Or. Admin. R. 735-034-0040 - Display of Trip Permits
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this rule, trip permits for self-propelled vehicles must be placed inside the vehicle in the lower-left corner of the rear window on the driver's side of the vehicle.
(2) Trip permits may be placed in areas other than as provided in section (1) of this rule in situations where placement in the rear window is not possible or is impractical, including but not limited to situations where:
(a) The vehicle is not equipped with a rear window;
(b) The permit would not be visible or legible from outside the vehicle if the permit is placed in the rear window;
(c) The vehicle is a motorcycle, snowmobile, or Class 1 all-terrain vehicle;
(d) The vehicle has louvers placed over the rear window which are attached to the vehicle; or
(e) The vehicle is a pickup truck with a camper or canopy attached.
(3) When a trip permit is not required to be placed in the rear window as provided in section (2) of this rule, it must be placed inside the vehicle in the lower right-hand corner of the rear, side window on the driver's side of the vehicle if the vehicle is equipped with one. If the vehicle does not have a rear side window on the driver's side of the vehicle, the permit must be placed inside the vehicle as follows:
(a) In the rear window of a camper, canopy or similar equipment when the permit is issued to the pickup carrying such equipment;
(b) On the dashboard on the driver's side of the vehicle visible through the windshield; or
(c) In a manner readily accessible for inspection upon request when placement in any of the other allowed locations is not possible or practical.
(4) Trip permits for vehicles that are not self-propelled must be carried in either the transporting vehicle or the vehicle which is being towed. In either case the permit must be carried in a manner that makes it readily available for inspection upon request.
(5) The front side of the trip permit containing the trip permit number and expiration date must be clearly visible from outside the vehicle when placed in accordance with section (1) and subsections (3)(a) and (b) of this rule.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 184.619, 802.010, 803.030, 803.600, 803.615, 803.625 & 803.650
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 803.600 & 803.650
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.