Or. Admin. R. 735-064-0090 - How to Change the Hardship Permit Driving Restrictions
(1) When a person needs to change the driving restrictions on a hardship permit, the person must submit a request with new information, as described in this rule, to the Driver Sanctions Unit, DMV, 1905 Lana Avenue N.E., Salem, Oregon 97314, or online at https://DMV2U.oregon.gov.
(2) A person must submit verification of employment as required by OAR 735-064-0040, if the change requested is employment related and the person is required to drive as part of the person's job description.
(3) A person who is eligible to drive to and from medical treatment as described in OAR 735-064-0040, must submit a signed statement from the physician as required in OAR 735-064-0040.
(4) After receiving the information described in section (1) and either section (2) or (3) of this rule, DMV will mail the applicant a hardship permit with new driving restrictions. The person must have the hardship permit in addition to a valid driver license in the person's possession at all times while driving.
(5) If a person is requesting a change to a hardship or probationary permit issued before January 1, 2019, any requirement in an applicable statute or administrative rule in effect immediately before January 1, 2019, applies.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 184.619, 802.010 & 807.240
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 807.240
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.