Or. Admin. R. 738-124-0070 - Board Approval or Rejection of COAR Applications
(1) Prior to approving COAR applications, the Board shall review and consider the ARC's written recommendations and prioritized list of COAR applications recommended for approval.
(2) As part of its consideration of applications, the Board may solicit written feedback from stakeholders or entities with expertise relevant to a project proposed in a particular application, such as the Freight Advisory Committee, the Oregon Business Development Department, or Area Commissions on Transportation.
(3) The Board may delegate solicitation and collection of written feedback to the Department and may instruct the Department to solicit or collect feedback at any point in the application cycle.
(4) The Board may require any Applicant to make a presentation to the Board or interview with a Board designee as part of its consideration process.
(5) The Board may approve an application for the amount sought or for a smaller amount.
(6) When selecting COAR applications for approval, the Board shall prioritize them as described below:
(a) First, to assist airports in Oregon with match requirements for FAA Airport Improvement Program grants.
(b) Second, to make grants for emergency preparedness and infrastructure projects, in accordance with the Oregon Resilience Plan or the Oregon Aviation Plan.
(c) Third, to make grants for:
(A) Services critical or essential to aviation, including, but not limited to, fuel, sewer, water and weather equipment; or
(B) Aviation-related business development, including, but not limited to, hangars, parking for business aircraft and related facilities; or
(C) Airport development for local economic benefit, including, but not limited to, signage and marketing; or
(D) To assist commercial service to rural Oregon
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 835.035, 835.040, 835.112 & OL 2019 c.485 Section 1(2)(b)
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 835.025, OL 2019 c.485 Section 1, 835.040 & OL 2021 c.526 Section 4(5)(a)(D) and (b)
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.