Or. Admin. R. 812-022-0028 - Course Approval - Continuing Education for Residential Contractors
(1) The agency will approve residential continuing education courses. Providers seeking course approval must be approved providers under OAR 812-022-0025.
(2) A provider seeking approval for live or online courses must submit the following:
(a) Course name, course description, objective of the offered course, and number of hours of continuing education credit sought (must be no less than one hour);
(b) A written description of the course instructors' credentials, including years of education and experience in the subject matter they instruct;
(c) Course syllabus (for live courses only);
(d) Copies of the course materials provided to students;
(e) Cost of the offered course;
(f) For live classes and classes held in real time, anticipated date, time, and place of course.:
(g) For self-study or online courses:
(A) Anticipated date when the course will first be offered;
(B) Description of provider's procedures to answer student questions; and
(C) The length of time a student has to complete the course and receive credit.
(h) Any other information as directed by the agency.
(3) The agency will only approve courses that the agency, in its sole discretion, considers offer high quality in the following respects:
(a) The course relates to one or more of the subjects listed in OAR 812-022-0015(2)(b);
(b) The course's use of animation, audio, video or color to stimulate multiple learning styles;
(c) The course holds interest through the use of visual, textual, audio or interactive components;
(d) The course material is presented in a logical and understandable manner;
(e) The spelling, grammar and sentence structure in written materials are correct;
(f) For courses using internet, video, audio or other electronic media, the course program is technically sufficient (e.g., video does not "stutter"; internet material does not "lock up"); and
(g) For courses using internet, video, audio or other electronic media, there is adequate instruction and guidance to navigate from the beginning to the end of the course.
(4) The agency will only approve courses that provide qualified instructors to answer questions in real-time, either in person, by telephone or by electronic means (e.g. chat rooms, e-mail, instant message).
(5) Course approval will be valid for two (2) years from the date the agency approves the course or the date the course was first offered, if approval is retroactive.
(6) Providers must re-submit an application for renewal of course approval every two years. Renewal of approval will be subject to the same requirements as initial approval.
(7) Courses offered by the State of Oregon, the United States government or any other state or local governmental agencies are deemed approved.
(8) Courses offered by accredited universities, colleges or community colleges are deemed approved.
(9) Courses offered through the Oregon Small Business Development Center Network are deemed approved.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 670.310, 701.235, 701.265 & 701.267
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 701.265 & 701.267
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.