Or. Admin. R. 812-003-0265 - Temporary Authorization for Military Spouse - Contractor

(1) A spouse of an active-duty member of the United States Army, Army Active Guard Reserve, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Air Force Active Guard Reserve, or Coast Guard stationed in Oregon may obtain a temporary authorization as a contractor valid until the earliest of the following:
(a) Two years from the date of issue;
(b) The date the applicant's spouse completes the spouse's active-duty service in Oregon; or
(c) The date the applicant's authorization issued by another state expires.
(2) The applicant shall complete an application as provided in OAR 812-003-0260. The applicant must apply as a sole proprietor.
(3) The applicant may apply for any endorsement listed in OAR 812-003-0131(1), (2), (3), (4), (10), (11), (12), (13) or (14) for which the applicant is qualified.
(4) The applicant must hold a current authorization in another state as a general, commercial or residential contractor.
(5) The applicant must be in good standing in the state or states in which the applicant is currently licensed. For purposes of this subsection, "good standing" means the applicant has not been subject to any disciplinary sanction within the past 5 years and does not have any unpaid claims or debts relating to construction activities.
(6) To demonstrate competency, the applicant must:
(a) Successfully pass the NASCLA Accredited Examination for Commercial General Contractors; or
(b) Successfully pass the state-administered examination; or
(c) Provide evidence that the applicant worked as a licensed general, commercial or residential contractor in another state or states for at least 8 years; and
(d) Complete three hours of education on laws, regulations and business practices offered by the board.
(7) The applicant shall pay the license application fee as provided in OAR 812-003-0142(1) and (2) and must obtain the required bond and insurance for the selected endorsement.
(8) These requirements do not eliminate or supersede any requirement for any other license or credential required by another Oregon state agency or local government.


Or. Admin. R. 812-003-0265
CCB 3-2019, adopt filed 12/17/2019, effective 1/1/2020

Statutory/Other Authority: HB 3030 (2019), Chapter 142 & SB 688 (2019), Chapter 626

Statutes/Other Implemented: HB 3030 (2019), Chapter 142 & SB 688 (2019), Chapter 626

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.