Or. Admin. R. 833-030-0041 - Examination Requirement for Licensure as a Professional Counselor
(1) All applicants for licensure as a professional counselor must pass a competency examination and an Oregon law and rules examination pursuant to OAR 833-020-0081 before the Board may issue a license.
(2) In accordance with ORS 675.715(1)(d), the Board prescribes only the following as approved competency examinations:
(a) National Counselor Examination;
(b) National Clinical Mental Health Counselor Examination; or
(c) Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Examination.
(3) To qualify to sit for the competency examination, a LPC applicant must submit a fully completed application pursuant to OAR 833-020-0011 that has been approved by the Board.
(4) Candidates will pay exam and exam administration fees to the prescribed examination providers.
(5) Passing competency exam scores will be established by the approved examining agency or association.
(6) The Board will notify examinees in writing of the results of their examination.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 675.785 - 675.835 & 676.160 - 676.180
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 675.785 - 675.835
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.