Or. Admin. R. 851-021-0000 - Purpose of Standards
To foster the safe and effective practice of nursing by graduates of nursing education programs by setting standards that promote adequate preparation of students for nursing practice. To include the following:
(1) Standards for the development of new nursing education programs.
(2) Enable innovative responses of established nursing education programs to a changing health care environment.
(3) Provide criteria for the approval of new and established nursing education programs.
(4) Provide sanction standards for nursing education programs that do not maintain compliance with OAR 851-021.
(5) Set standards for approval of learning experiences for students enrolled in programs outside of Oregon.
(6) Set standards for nurse re-entry programs.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.150, 678.340 & 678.360
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.150 & 678.360
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.