Or. Admin. R. 851-021-0055 - Standards for Approval: Students
(1) While in the program of study, students must be held accountable for demonstration of professional behaviors expected of licensed professionals;
(2) Admission, readmission, transfer, progression, dismissal, and graduation policies must be available to the applicants and be consistent with those of the educational institution. Where necessary, policies specific to the nursing program may be adopted if justified by the nature and purposes of the nursing program.
(3) Support services of the program and the educational institution are accessible to students.
(4) Students must meet all nursing practice experience requirements as defined by the Oregon Health Authority.
(5) Programs that provide for advanced placement must develop and use policies designed to ensure that students meet the equivalent of the program's current curriculum and outcomes.
(6) The use of a single high stakes standardized, or non-standardized examination is not congruent with best educational practices and must not be used as a sole determinant of a student's graduation or progression in a nursing education program. If such assessments are used, the program must have a process and procedure for remediation for students who do not pass.
(7) Student applicants must be informed before admission that the Board has limits on eligibility for licensure, as defined in OAR 851-031. Ultimately, licensure may be denied to graduates with a criminal offense and those with a major physical or mental condition that could affect the individuals ability to practice nursing safely.
(8) Student applicants to practical nurse and associate degree level nursing programs must be informed of the current Board-approved, signed agreement for the articulation of program graduates into the next level of nursing education.
(9) Student applicants must be informed of expected transportation and distance requirements for nursing practice experiences.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.150, ORS 678.340 & ORS 678.360
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.150 & ORS 678.360
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.