Or. Admin. R. 851-021-0065 - Standards for Approval: Facilities and Services
(1) Educational facilities must ensure fiscal, technologic, academic support services and physical space to ensure program outcomes are met.
(2) Resources are comparable and available to nursing students on all campuses where the program is offered.
(3) Selection of nursing practice experience sites must be based on written criteria established by faculty inclusive of the requirement that facilities hold appropriate certifications or licenses.
(4) There is a current written, formal agreement that is in effect between the authorities responsible for the educational program and the nursing practice experience site. The agreement must state that faculty members have the authority and responsibility to select appropriate learning experiences in collaboration with the practice site.
(5) Clinical Nurses and Clinical Preceptors may be assigned to work directly with students. These individuals must:
(a) Be licensed at or above the level of licensure that an assigned student is seeking;
(b) Be licensed in the jurisdiction of the learning experience.
(c) Be approved by the faculty after recommendation by nursing staff members in leadership roles who can confirm demonstrated nursing competencies.
(d) Be provided written information about student preparation and expected learning outcomes.
(e) Engage students in nursing practice experiences only after a student has received basic instruction for that specific learning experience from a faculty member.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.150 & ORS 678.360
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.150, ORS 678.340 & ORS 678.360
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.