Or. Admin. R. 851-031-0021 - Licensure by Examination for Graduates of Nursing Programs Outside of the US or from Programs without an NCLEX®program code and who have less than 400 practice hours in two years from graduation
(1) Graduates from nursing programs in Canada also refer to OAR 851-031-0027.
(2) Graduates from nursing programs in Puerto Rico also refer to OAR 851-031-0032.
(3) Applicants with no nursing experience will not be eligible for Oregon licensure if the completed application is received more than two years after graduation.
(4) Applicants must have graduated from a nursing program approved by the applicable education approval body in the country or jurisdiction where the program is located.
(5) Applicants must arrange for a credentials evaluation of the completed program to be sent to the Board by a Board approved credentials evaluation service. The evaluation must show substantive equivalency with programs of the same level in the U.S. and for the applied level of licensure.
(6) Proof of English proficiency as described in OAR 851-031-0006(2) (d).
(7) Must take and pass the English version of the NCLEX® examination, and be licensed within two years of graduation.
(8) Applicants who have failed the examination must be held to the re-examination requirements of OAR 851-031-0015(5).
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.040 & ORS 678.150
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.040 & ORS 678.150
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.