Or. Admin. R. 851-031-0048 - Renewal of License
For renewal of licensure, the applicant must submit a fully completed application established by the Board and attest to:
(a) 400 hours of nursing practice, at the level of license sought, within the two years immediately preceding renewal application. Applicants initially licensed prior to January 1, 2021, must attest to having 400 hours of practice in the previous two years by their second renewal cycle after implementation of these rules. Prior to this second renewal, the applicant may use the previously required competency hours of 960 in 5 years; or
(b) Graduation from the Board-approved Oregon, or out of state school of nursing, or international nursing program that qualified the licensee for this type of license within the two years immediately preceding renewal application; or
(c) Completing a re-entry program meeting the requirements of OAR 851-021-0080; or OAR 851-031-0065 within the two years immediately preceding application for licensure renewal.
(2) Applicants who cannot attest to 400 hours of practice in the past two years preceding application for renewal must:
(a) Have at least 600 hours of practice in the last three years. The applicant must submit documentation of 20 hours of continuing education related to their area of nursing practice; employer - required continuing education does not qualify; or
(b) Have at least 800 hours of practice in the last four years. The applicant must submit documentation of 30 hours of continuing education related to their area of practice; employer- required continuing education does not qualify.
(c) If the applicant is unable to qualify by any other option listed and has some practice but less than 960 hours of practice in the last five years, the applicant must apply for practice re-entry per OAR 851-031-0061.
(3) Renewal applications will not be processed until all fees have been submitted. The official time of application is per Board records. There is no grace period for licensure renewal. The licensee must submit a completed application in accordance with the timeline described in ORS 678.101. An application for renewal not completed within 30 days of expiration date is considered void, and the applicant will need to apply for license re-activation as per OAR 851-031-0051.
(4) Applications received after the timeframe described in section (3) of this rule are subject to a delinquent fee of $100 in addition to the renewal fee.
(5) Renewal applicants will be subject to a national fingerprint based criminal background check paid for by the applicant every second renewal per OAR 851-031-0006(2)(e). Renewals not requiring a fingerprint based renewal will be subject to a no cost Oregon based non-fingerprint background check performed by Board staff.
(6) All renewal applications are subject to random audit for validation of attested practice.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.140 & ORS 678.040
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.140 & ORS 678.040
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.