Or. Admin. R. 863-014-0065 - Inactive License, Change License Status to Active, Change License Category, License Reactivation
(1) A real estate licensee whose license is on inactive status may not engage in professional real estate activity.
(2) The commissioner may reprimand, suspend, revoke, or impose a civil penalty against an inactive licensee under ORS 696.301.
(3) The Agency will change an active real estate license to inactive license status when the Agency actually receives the following:
(a) An online inactivation application available through the Agency's website completed by the licensee to change the license status to inactive; or
(b) An online inactivation application available through the Agency's website completed by the licensee's principal broker to change the license status of the licensee to inactive.
(4) An inactive real estate licensee may be renewed under OAR 863-014-0050.
(5) For a period of 30 days after a real estate broker license becomes inactive, the licensee may change such license status from inactive to active and be transferred by a principal real estate broker under OAR 863-014-0063.
(6) Except as provided in section (7) of this rule, for a period of 30 days after the real estate license becomes inactive, the licensee may become licensed as an active principal real estate broker only if:
(a) The licensee is qualified for such license and
(b) The licensee submits to the Agency:
(A) An Agency-approved application, and
(B) Payment of the fee authorized by ORS 696.270.
(7) If a license has not been on active status for two or more consecutive years, the licensee must complete the following steps in the order listed to reactivate the license:
(a) Submit an online reactivation application available through the Agency's website and pay the fee to the Agency required under ORS 696.270.
(b) Pass the real estate reactivation examination and pay the fee to the examination provider as required by OAR 863-014-0020.
(8) After the 30-day period specified in sections (5) and (6) of this rule, and subject to the examination requirements in section (9) of this rule, a licensee may change the license status from inactive to active only by submitting to the Agency:
(a) An online application for license reactivation; and
(b) Payment of the reactivation fee authorized by ORS 696.270.
(9) Subject to the examination requirements in section (9) of this rule, if an inactive licensee renews a license and maintains inactive status under section (5) of this rule, the licensee may, within 60 days of the date of renewal, change the license status to active by submitting to the Agency:
(a) An online application for license reactivation that includes certification that the licensee met the real estate continuing education renewal requirements under OAR 863-020-0008 or 863-020-0010; and
(b) Payment of the active renewal fee authorized by ORS 696.270, less the amount of the inactive renewal fee already paid by the licensee.
(10) The change of license status, transfer, or the reactivation of a license is effective when the Agency actually receives all required applications and fees.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 696.385
Stats. Implemented: ORS 696.020 & 696.022
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.