Or. Admin. R. 918-400-0660 - Operating Permits
(1) Operating permits are issued periodically based on two-year inspection intervals.
(2) Clean down inspections of escalators and moving walks performed according to 918-400-0645 are additional inspections under section (3) of this rule for which special inspection fees under 918-400-0800 apply.
(3) The division reserves the right to perform additional inspections outside the two-year inspection interval established by this rule with prior notice to the responsible party according to criteria, which may include but are not limited to the following:
(a) Accidents and injuries;
(b) Commercial and public assembly structures;
(c) Special residency occupancies, schools, hospitals;
(d) Type of elevator;
(e) Passenger or freight conveyances;
(f) Construction only purpose elevators; and
(g) Environmental conditions.
(4) The division may refuse to issue an operating permit if:
(a) Inspections are not satisfactorily completed; or
(b) Permit fees have not been received.
(5) The elevator-operating permit, or copy of the permit, must be posted in clear view in the elevator. A sign may be substituted providing the sign indicates the on-site location where the actual operating permit may be inspected during normal business hours.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 460.085
Stats. Implemented: ORS 460.055, 460.065, 460.085 & 460.125
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.