581-015-2250 - Placement of the Child
581-015-2250. Placement of the Child
School districts must ensure that:
(1) The educational placement of a child with a disability:
(a) Is determined by a group of persons, including the parents, and other persons knowledgeable about the child, the meaning of the evaluation data, and the placement options;
(b) Is made in conformity with the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) provisions of OAR 581-015-2240 to 581-015-2255.
(c) Is based on the child's current IEP;
(d) Is determined at least once every 365 days; and
(e) Is as close as possible to the child's home;
(2) The alternative placements under OAR 581-015-2245 are available to the extent necessary to implement the IEP for each child with a disability;
(3) Unless the child's IEP requires some other arrangement, the child is educated in the school that he or she would attend if not disabled;
(4) In selecting the least restrictive environment, consideration is given to any potential harmful effect on the child or on the quality of services which he or she needs; and
(5) A child with a disability is not removed from education in age-appropriate regular classrooms solely because of needed modifications in the general curriculum.(1EB 269, f. & ef. 12-22-77; EB 11-1995, f. & cert. ef. 5-25-95; ODE 31-1999, f. 12-13-99, cert. ef. 12-14-99; ODE 2-2003, f. & cert. ef. 3-10-03; Renumbered from 581-015-0061, ODE 10-2007, f. & cert. ef. 4-25-07)
Stat. Auth.: ORS 343.041, 343.045 & 343.055,
The following state regulations pages link to this page.