25 Pa. Code § 961.6 - Water project evaluation criteria
(a) Public health.
(1) Elimination of an ongoing public health hazard. Example: Correcting VOC or Giardia contamination.
(2) Elimination of a periodic or potential health hazard. Example: Correcting malfunctioning disinfection system.
(3) Preventive maintenance-related to health hazards. Example: Covering of finished water reservoir.
(b) Public safety.
(1) Elimination of an ongoing hazard. Example: Elimination of methane gas contamination-explosion potential.
(2) Elimination of a periodic or potential safety hazard. Example: Providing sufficient water for fire fighting when current supply is inadequate.
(3) Preventive maintenance-related to safety hazards. Example: Installation of fire hydrants where none exist.
(c) Economic development.
(1) Development activity and job creation/retention resulting directly or indirectly from the project.
(2) Opportunity to use other State programs, such as the Business Infrastructure Development, Site Development and Community Facilities programs, to fund the project.
(3) Degree of local distress in the county where the project is located.
(d) Compliance. Improvement in water system compliance. Example: Installing filtration plant to treat for Giardia contamination.
(e) Environmental and social impact.
(1) Beneficial environmental and social impacts. Example: Construction of a new public water system to replace onlot water supplies.
(2) Beneficial environmental impact only. Example: Installation of new sludge handling facilities at a filtration plant.
(3) Beneficial social impact only. Example: A project that improves public health or public safety.
(f) Adequacy and efficiency. Increase in availability of water, consolidation of systems, water conservation or improvement in aesthetic water quality. Examples: Installation of treatment for iron removal; replacement of leaking water lines; installation of water meters.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.