49 Pa. Code § 18.13 - Requirements for licensure as an acupuncturist
(a) The Board will license as an acupuncturist a person who satisfies the following requirements:
(1) Has successfully completed an acupuncture educational program which includes a course in needle sterilization techniques.
(2) Has obtained a passing grade on an acupuncture examination or has been certified by NCCAOM. If the examination was not taken in English, but is otherwise acceptable and a passing score was secured, the Board will accept the examination result if the applicant has also secured a score of 550 on the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
(3) Has completed at least 3 hours of approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting in accordance with § 16.108(a) (relating to child abuse recognition and reporting-mandatory training requirement).
(b) The Board will license as an acupuncturist a medical doctor who satisfies the following requirements:
(1) Has successfully completed 200 hours of training in acupuncture medical programs including examinations required by those programs.
(2) Submits an application to register as an acupuncturist accompanied by the required fee. For the fee amount, see § 16.13 (relating to licensure, certification, examination and registration fees).
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.