49 Pa. Code § 18.13a - Requirements for licensure as a practitioner of Oriental medicine
(a) An acupuncturist who also intends to use herbal therapy is required to be licensed by the Board as a practitioner of Oriental medicine.
(b) The Board will license an acupuncturist as a practitioner of Oriental medicine if the licensee, in addition to meeting the requirements under § 18.13 (relating to requirements for licensure as an acupuncturist) has fulfilled one of the following:
(1) Successfully completed an acupuncture education program that includes the study of Chinese herbology and has passed the NCCAOM examination component on Chinese herbology.
(2) Has obtained NCCAOM certification in Chinese herbology or Oriental medicine, which includes passing the NCCAOM examination component in Chinese herbology.
(c) An acupuncturist registered with the Board prior to April 14, 2007, may obtain a license as a practitioner or Oriental medicine if the acupuncturist can demonstrate one of the following:
(1) Successful completion of a Chinese herbology or Oriental medicine education program recognized by the licensing authority of another state or United States territory for the practice of herbal therapy or Oriental medicine and successful completion of an examination in Chinese herbology or Oriental medicine recognized by the licensing authority of another state or United States territory for the practice of herbal therapy or Oriental medicine.
(2) NCCAOM certification in Chinese herbology or Oriental medicine.
(3) The achievement of cumulative qualifications that the Board determines to be equivalent to the standard requirements for registration as a practitioner of Oriental medicine.
(d) This subsection does not apply to a medical doctor licensed as an acupuncturist nor does it restrict the practice of medicine by a medical doctor.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.