55 Pa. Code § 501.6 - Employment and Training Program
Current through Register Vol. 51, No. 40, October 2, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 501.6.Employment and Training Program.
(a) Employment and Training Program participation—7 CFR 273.7(f). A person required to register for work and not exempted from placement in the Department’s Employment and Training Program shall participate in the Employment and Training Program. Failure to participate without good cause shall result in disqualification.
(b) Persons exempt from work registration Employment and Training Program registration—7 CFR 273.7(f)(2). In addition to the exemptions in 7 CFR 273.7(b)(1) (relating to work requirements), individuals who meet the description in paragraphs (1)—(5) have been determined as a group to be exempt from participation in the Employment and Training Program as follows:
(1) A person who is homeless.
(2) A person expected to return to work within 60 days.
(3) A woman who is pregnant if it has been medically verified that the child will be born within the 6 months immediately following the month when registration would otherwise be required.
(4) A person who is remote from an employment and training site. Remoteness is defined as residing in a location which is more than 2 hours in round trip commute by reasonably available public or private transportation from an Employment and Training Program site.
(5) A person who is a full-time volunteer serving in the Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) Program.
(c) Employment and Training State Plan—7 CFR 273.7(c)(4) and (5). The Employment and Training Program shall be operated in accordance with the Department’s Employment and Training State Plan as approved by the Food and Nutrition Service.
The provisions of this § 501.6 adopted January 3, 1992, effective January 4, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 23.
Participation in Program
Petitioner, a Food Stamp recipient, was not exempted from the requirement to participate in the Employment and Training Program. His failure to enroll in a qualified program because it required him to disclose his Social Security number was not justified. Kauffman v. Department of Public Welfare, 778 A.2d 795 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2001).