61 Pa. Code § 870.10 - Ticket validation requirements
Current through Register Vol. 51, No. 40, October 2, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 870.10.Ticket validation requirements.
(a) Valid tickets. To be a valid ticket, the following conditions shall be met:
(1) The ticket validation number shall be present in its entirety and shall correspond, using the computer validation file, to the selected numbers printed on the ticket for the date printed on the ticket.
(2) The ticket shall be intact.
(3) The ticket may not be mutilated, altered, reconstituted or tampered with.
(4) The ticket may not be counterfeit or an exact duplicate of a winning ticket.
(5) The ticket shall have been issued by the Lottery through a licensed retailer.
(6) The ticket may not have been stolen.
(7) The ticket shall be validated in accordance with § 870.11 (relating to procedures for claiming and payment of prizes).
(8) The player-selected or computer-selected numbers on the ticket shall be in individual groups of six numbers each associated with a single letter, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N or O and the six numbers, and the associated letter shall constitute a single game play.
(9) The ticket data shall have been recorded on the Lottery’s central computer system prior to the drawing and the ticket data shall match this computer record in every respect.
(10) The player selected or computer selected numbers, cash option selection, if applicable, the validation number data and the drawing date of an apparent winning ticket shall appear on the official file of winning tickets; and a ticket with that exact data may not have been previously paid.
(11) The ticket may not be misregistered, defectively printed, or printed or produced in error to an extent that it cannot be processed by the Lottery.
(12) The ticket shall pass other confidential security checks of the Lottery.
(13) By submitting a ticket for validation, the player agrees to abide by this chapter as determined by the Secretary.
(14) There may not be another breach of this part in relation to the ticket which, in the opinion of the Secretary, justifies disqualification.
(b) Invalid or defective tickets/disputes. A ticket not passing the validation checks in subsection (a) will be considered invalid and will not be paid.
(1) In cases of doubt, the determination of the Secretary is final and binding. The Secretary may replace an invalid ticket with a ticket of equivalent sale price from a current Lottery game.
(2) If a defective ticket is purchased or if the Secretary determines to adjust an error, the sole and exclusive remedy will be the replacement of the defective or erroneous ticket with a ticket of equivalent sale price from a current Lottery game.
(3) If a ticket is not paid by the Lottery and a dispute occurs as to whether the ticket is a winning ticket, the Lottery may replace the ticket as provided in paragraph (2). This is the sole and exclusive remedy of the holder of the ticket.
The provisions of this § 870.10 amended under section 303 of the State Lottery Law (72 P. S. § 3761-303).
The provisions of this § 870.10 amended November 8, 2002, effective November 9, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 5516. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (246862) to (246863).
This section cited in 61 Pa. Code § 870.8 (relating to determination of prize winners); and 61 Pa. Code § 870.11 (relating to procedures for claiming and payment of prizes).