S.C. Code Regs. 110-1 - Continuing Education Requirements
A. The Board recognizes that social work is a practice of a profession which must conform to the public's expectation of professional competency. It further recognizes that structured programs of continuing education will provide licensees with opportunities for maintaining and improving competency as well as the satisfaction of new professional development.
B. As a pre-requisite for biennial renewal of the practitioner's license, the licensee must complete a minimum of 40 contact hours of accepted professional continuing education per renewal period. This requirement becomes effective during the one-year period following the January 1, 1990, license renewal date, and during each year thereafter.
C. The general guidelines for completing forty (40) contact hours of instruction are:
(1) Accepted instruction will be those courses, conferences, seminars, etc., as approved by the Board pursuant to subsection D below.
(2) Only student class hours or the equivalent will be counted as credit.
(3) Services, in hours, as a lecturer or discussion leader may be counted to the extent that they contribute to the maintenance and development of a licensee's professional competence.
(4) Except in unusual circumstances, credits will not be given for repeating an instructional course.
D. Approval for continuing education credit:
(1) Approval for continuing education credit shall be provided by persons designated by the Board upon guidelines and standards established by the Board pursuant to these Regulations.
(2) Application for continuing education credit approval shall be in the manner and form designated by the Board.
(3) Application for approval shall be processed at times, and in the manner, designated by the Board up to the date of submission of the continuing education report. The risk of disapproval shall be borne by the sponsor or applicant for continuing education credit.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.