S.C. Code Regs. 39-3 - Registration as a Dental Technician
A. The South Carolina State Board has no reciprocal arrangement with any other jurisdiction.
B. No applicant shall be examined by the Board to practice as a dental technician unless he or she shall:
(1) Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
(2) Present such evidence of good moral character as is required by the Board.
(3) Present to the satisfaction of the Board evidence that the applicant has graduated from high school, or the equivalent, and present to the satisfaction of the Board, evidence that such applicant has completed a two (2) year course of study in a school for dental technological work acceptable to the Board or, in the alternative, has performed dental technological work under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist or registered dental technician for a period of three (3) years.
(4) Complete the application for registration as a dental technician on the form furnished by the Board at least forty-five (45) days prior to the date of the examination. In making the application, the applicant authorizes the Board to verify the information contained in the application or to seek such further information pertinent to the applicant's qualification or character as the Board may deem proper.
(5) Pay to the Board a fee as prescribed by the Board at the same time the application is received by the Board. The Board may charge fees as shown in South Carolina Code of Regulations Chapter 10-12 and on the South Carolina Board of Dentistry website at http://llr.sc.gov/POL/Dentistry.
C. The Board shall require each applicant to successfully complete an examination before such applicant is registered. The examination may be given either orally, or in writing, or by requiring a practical demonstration of the applicant's skill, or by any combination of such methods as the Board may in its discretion require.
(1) The Board may automatically disqualify any person who may be detected using or attempting to use any unfair assistance during the exam.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.