S.C. Code Regs. 80-001 - Functions of the South Carolina Maritime Security Commission
1. The South Carolina Maritime Security Commission (SCMSC) reports administratively to the Governor of the State of South Carolina as Chief Executive and operationally to the Governor as Commander-in-Chief of State Forces.
2. The SCMSC consists of nine commissioners and is headed by a Chairman and Vice Chairman elected by the members. It will meet at the direction of the Chairman at least quarterly. A quorum consists of a simple majority of the commissioners appointed by the Governor who are present. Ex-officio members are excluded from the quorum. If a quorum is not available, actions are effective as if made by a quorum but implemented on an interim basis until validated by a quorum.
3. The SCMSC reviews all requests for operational tasking for the SCNM. It will ensure compliance with federal and state law, pertinence to Captain of the Port requirements and other applicable policies and procedures, operational tempo and consider availability of volunteer SCNM assets.
4. The SCMSC shall publish and maintain a Policies and Procedures Manual (PPM). The PPM shall provide guidance regarding the administration of matters coming before the SCMSC.
5. The Chairman of the SCMSC annually shall submit a report to the Governor and to the General Assembly that will include a summary of the activities and operations of the SCMSC and the SCNM during the previous calendar year, and shall contain such general observations and recommendations relating to maritime security, as the SCMSC deems appropriate.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.