137-100 - Definitions
(1) "Asynchronous" means communication that does not take place at the same time. It is characterized by as needed, intermittent communication.
(2) "Co-Appraiser" refers to appraisals in which more than one appraiser works as a team. Applicants must have performed at least fifty (50%) percent of the work on an appraisal.
(3) "Direct Supervision" means personally reviewing an appraisal report prepared by an apprentice and signing and certifying the report as being independently and impartially prepared and in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, these regulations and applicable statutory requirements.
(4) "Distance Education" means the process of delivering instruction when the instructors and the students are separated by distance.
(5) "Lister" refers to duties individuals perform in mass appraisals that are typically limited to the location of real property, measurement of improvements relative to such things as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, siding, decks, or other miscellaneous information.
(6) "Sole Appraiser" refers to appraisals that are completed by only one person.
(7) "Synchronous" means communication in which the interaction is simultaneous. It is characterized by live two-way communication.(Added by State Register Volume 32, Issue No. 2, eff February 22, 2008; State Register Volume 38, Issue No. 6, eff June 27, 2014; State Register Volume 42, Issue No. 05, eff. May 25, 2018.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.