137-300.01 - Responsibilities of an Apprentice Appraiser
137-300.01. Responsibilities of an Apprentice Appraiser
(A) The holder of an apprentice appraiser permit issued by the Board must comply with the following:
(1) The apprentice shall perform appraisal assignments only under the direct supervision of a state certified residential or state certified general real estate appraiser.
(2) The apprentice and supervisor are required to complete a course that is oriented toward the requirements and responsibilities of supervisory appraisers and expectations for trainee appraisers prior to obtaining an apprentice credential.
(3) The apprentice shall maintain a log which shall contain the following for each appraisal assignment:
(a) Date of appraisal.
(b) Address of appraised property.
(c) Description of work performed by the apprentice and scope of the review and supervision of the supervising appraiser.
(d) Type of property.
(e) Hours by the apprentice on the assignment.
(f) Name, signature and certification number of supervising appraiser.
(4) The apprentice shall maintain copies or have access to all appraisals.
(5) The apprentice shall make the log and all appraisals available at all times for inspection by the Board.
(6) When performing appraisal assignments, the apprentice shall have in his or her possession the permit issued by the Board.
(7) The apprentice is eligible to take the appraisal licensing or certification examinations after completing the requisite Board-approved AQB Core Curriculum and experience required for the Licensed or Certified appraiser classification.(Added by State Register Volume 19, Issue No. 6, eff June 23, 1995. Amended by State Register Volume 32, Issue No. 2, eff February 22, 2008; State Register Volume 38, Issue No. 6, eff June 27, 2014; State Register Volume 40, Issue No. 05, eff. May 27, 2016; State Register Volume 42, Issue No. 05, eff. May 25, 2018.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.