0240-01-04-.02 - DEFINITIONS
(1) FERPA - The Family Educational rights and Privacy Act, codified in 20 U.S.C. § 1232(g).
(2) Institution - All Community colleges and colleges of applied technology governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents and the system office.
(3) Public Record - All documents, papers, letters, maps, books, photographs, microfilms, electronic data processing files and output, films, sound recordings, or other material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by any governmental agency. See T.C.A. § 10-7-503(a)(1)(A).
(4) Records Custodian - The office, official or employee lawfully responsible for the direct custody and care of a public record. See T.C.A. § 10-7-503(a)(1)(C). The records custodian is not necessarily the original preparer or receiver of the record.
(5) Requestor - A person seeking access to a public record, whether it is for inspection or duplication.
(6) Other definitions exist in the body of this rule.(Original rules filed January 4, 2019; effective April 4, 2019.)
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 10-7-503, 49-8-203, and 20 U.S.C. § 1232(g).
The following state regulations pages link to this page.