1340-03-07-.02 - DEFINITIONS
(1) "Commissioner" shall mean the Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Safety.
(2) "Department" shall mean the Tennessee Department of Safety.
(3) "Driver Education Course" shall mean a classroom or on-line curriculum of driver safety training of not less than four (4) hours which has been determined by the Department to meet or exceed the standards of the AAA, National Safety Council or such other nationally recognized curriculum approved by the Department and which is designed to educate persons committing minor traffic violations and to deter future violations.
(4) "Driver Education Course Instructor" shall mean an individual who is approved by the Department for the purpose of conducting a Driver Education Course.
(5) "Driver Education Course Provider" shall mean an entity approved by the Department to operate and conduct a Driver Education Course and shall include:
(a) County, municipality or other entity of local government;
(b) Nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3); or
(c) Private entity, provided the entity meets or exceeds all the requirements of T.C.A. § 40-35-302(g) for private entities providing misdemeanor probation supervision services.
(6) "Governmental employee" shall mean employees and officials of the state of Tennessee and its political subdivisions who are employed as law enforcement employees or officials; probation and parole employees or officials; judicial employees or officials, or correctional employees or officials, including employees and officials of jails and workhouses.
(7) "Immediate family" shall mean and include the employee's spouse/partner, mother, father, siblings, adult children or maternal and paternal grandparents.(Original rule filed May 13, 2010; effective October 29, 2010.)
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 55-10-301 and 40-35-302(g).
The following state regulations pages link to this page.