Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0400-02-03-.05 - PROHIBITED OPERATIONS
(1) No operator or person in charge of any vessel shall operate or knowingly permit any other person to operate a vessel in a reckless or negligent manner, or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property.
(2) No operator shall permit any person to ride on the gunwales, transom, or on the decking over the bow of a vessel propelled by machinery while the vessel is underway, unless the vessel is adequately equipped with rails or guards: provided, however, that this shall not apply while the vessel is being maneuvered for mooring or unmooring, or when embarking or disembarking passengers.
(3) No privately owned vessel shall be used to carry passengers for hire, or be used in any other commercial operation, unless written authorization has been granted by the Assistant Commissioner, except as provided by special regulations for areas having navigable waters.
(4) Vessels transported by vehicles must be launched or removed from the waters only at designated launching sites.
(5) No vessel shall be operated within 200 feet of any designated swimming area.
(6) All vessels shall proceed with due caution and at slow speed while underway when in the vicinity of any diver's marker, designated by a standard square-shaped flag containing a white diagonal stripe on a red field.
(7) No vessel shall be operated in excess of five (5) miles per hour within designated harbors.
(8) Attaching a vessel to or interfering with any marker, navigational buoy, or other navigational aid is prohibited.
(9) Leaving any vessel unattended, outside of designated mooring or beaching areas, for a period in excess of 24 hours without prior written permission of the Park Manager is prohibited, and any vessel so left may be impounded by the Park Manager.
(10) Vessels equipped with a propeller above the water line, commonly referred to as an ''airboat'' are prohibited.
(11) No log boom, pier, dock, fence, pile, raft, anchorage, or other obstruction shall be installed in the waters of any park.
Authority: T.C.A. § 11-1-108.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.