Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0400-20-05-.61 - COMPLIANCE WITH DOSE LIMITS FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
(1) The licensee or registrant shall demonstrate compliance with the dose limits in Rule 0400-20-05-.60 by making or causing to be made surveys of:
(a) Radiation levels in unrestricted and restricted areas; and
(b) Radiation levels and radioactive materials in effluents released to unrestricted areas.
(2) A licensee or registrant shall show compliance with the annual dose limit in Rule 0400-20-05-.60 by:
(a) Demonstrating by measurement or calculation that the individual likely to receive the highest dose from the licensee's or registrant's operation does not receive a total effective dose equivalent exceeding the annual dose limit; or
(b) Demonstrating that:
1. The annual average concentrations of radioactive material released in gaseous and liquid effluents at the boundary of the unrestricted area do not exceed the values specified in Table 2 of Schedule RHS 8-30; and
2. If an individual were continually present in an unrestricted area, the dose from external sources would not exceed 0.002 rem (0.02 mSv) in an hour and 0.05 rem (0.5 mSv) in a year.
(3) Upon approval from the Division, the licensee may adjust the effluent concentration values in Schedule RHS 8-30, Table 2, for members of the public, to take into account the actual physical and chemical characteristics of the effluents (e.g., aerosol size distribution, solubility, density, radioactive decay equilibrium, chemical form).
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 68-202-201 et seq., and 4-5-201 et seq
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.