Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0460-03-.05 - EXAMINATIONS
Where successful completion of an examination is required by the rules governing the type of licensure applied for, those examinations are governed by this rule:
(1) The Board adopts the following as its licensure examinations and requires their successful completion, where required by the rules governing the licensure process, as a prerequisite for licensure:
(a) Any Board-approved examination including, but not limited to, the examinations offered by:
1. The Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA)
2. The Western Regional Examining Board (WREB)
(b) The National Board if the person graduated from a dental hygiene college, school or university after 1972.
(c) The Tennessee Board of Dentistry Ethics and Jurisprudence examination
(2) Admission to, application for and the fees required to sit for the regional examinations and the National Board examinations are governed by and must be submitted to the testing agency. Admission to, application for and the fees required to sit for any other Board-approved examination must be submitted to the Board as provided in rule 0460-01-.02, or at the Board's option, its designated exam administrator.
(3) Passing scores on the regional and National Board examinations are determined by the testing agency. Such passing scores as certified to the Board are adopted by the Board as constituting successful completion of those examinations. Passing scores for any other Board-approved examination are determined by the Board.
(4) Applicants must supply or furnish their own patients, instruments and materials as required by the testing agency, the Board, or the Board's designated exam administrator.
(5) Applicants who fail to successfully complete any of the examinations may apply for reexamination.
(6) Oral examination may be required pursuant to rule 0460-01-.04.
(7) The Board adopts as its own, the determination made by the regional testing agencies and the National Boards of the length of time that a passing score on their respective examinations will be effective for purposes of measuring competency and fitness for dental hygiene licensure.
(8) Applicants for licensure who have failed three (3) times the National Board or any other Board-approved examination as provided in subparagraph (1) (a) must successfully complete a remedial course of post-graduate studies at a school accredited by the American Dental Association before consideration for licensure by the Board. The applicant shall cause the program director of the post-graduate program to provide written documentation of the content of such course and certify successful completion.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-5-105, 63-5-107, 63-5-110, 63-5-111, 63-5-114, and 63-5-124.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.