Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0460-04-.06 - REGISTRATION RENEWAL
All dental assistants issued registrations by the Board must renew those registrations to be able to legally continue in practice. Registration renewal is governed by the following:
(1) Renewal application
(a) The due date for registration renewal is the last day of the month in which a registrant's birthday falls pursuant to the Division of Health Related Boards "birthdate renewal system" contained on the renewal certificate as the expiration date.
(b) Methods of Renewal
1. Internet Renewals - Individuals may apply for renewal and pay the necessary fees via the Internet. The application to renew can be accessed at:
2. Paper Renewals - For individuals who have not renewed their registration online via the Internet, a renewal application form will be mailed to each individual registered by the Board to the last address provided to the Board. Failure to receive such notification does not relieve the registrant from the responsibility of meeting all requirements for renewal.
(c) A registration issued pursuant to these rules is renewable by the expiration date. To be eligible for renewal an individual must submit to the Division of Health Related Boards on or before the expiration date the following:
1. A completed renewal application form.
2. The renewal and state regulatory fees as provided in Rule 0460-01-.02.
3. Proof of successful completion of the Tennessee Board of Dentistry Ethics and Jurisprudence examination.
(d) Registrants who fail to comply with the renewal rules or notification received by them concerning failure to timely renew shall have their registrations processed pursuant to rule 1200-10-01-.10.
(2) Reinstatement of an Expired Registration - Reinstatement of a registration that has expired may be accomplished upon meeting the following conditions:
(a) Payment of all past due renewal fees, state regulatory fees and the reinstatement fee as established in rule 0460-01-.02; and
(b) Provide documentation of successfully completing continuing education requirements for the entire time the registration was expired, pursuant to Rule 0460-01-.05; and
(c) Submit proof of successful completion of the Tennessee Board of Dentistry Ethics and Jurisprudence examination.
(d) Any registrant who fails to renew registration prior to the expiration of the second (2nd) year after which renewal is due may be required to meet other conditions as the Board may deem necessary to protect the public.
(3) Anyone submitting a renewal form, reinstatement/reactivation application, or letter which is found to be untrue may be subject to disciplinary action as provided in T.C.A. § 63-5-124.
(4) Renewal issuance decisions pursuant to this rule may be made administratively, upon review by the Board.
(5) Application review and decisions required by this rule shall be governed by rule 0460-01-.04.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-1-107, 63-1-108, 63-5-105, 63-5-105(7), 63-5-107, 63-5-108, 63-5-111, 63-5-115, 63-5-117, 63-5-124, and 63-5-129.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.