As used in these rules, the following terms and acronyms shall
have the following meanings ascribed to them:
(1) ACAOM - The Accreditation Commission for
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
(2) Administrative Office - The office of the
administrator assigned to the Board and the Committee located at 227 French
Landing, Suite 300, Heritage Place, MetroCenter, Nashville, TN 37243.
(3) ADS - An acupuncture detoxification
specialist trained in, and who performs only, the five (5) points auricular
- Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners.
(5) Committee - The Advisory Committee for
(6) Certificate or
Certification - The document issued authorizing practice. Wherever these terms
appear in this chapter of rules unless they are specifically designated by the
language of the rule as applying only to limited certification, the terms apply
to both limited and full certificate holders.
(7) Division - The Division of Health Related
Boards, Tennessee Department of Health, from which the Committee receives
(8) NADA -
The National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
(9) NCCAOM - The National Certification
Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.