As used in this Chapter of rules the following terms and
acronyms will have the meaning ascribed to them:
(1) "BRPT" means Board of Registered
"Board" means the Board of Medical Examiners.
(3) "C.A.A.H.E.P." means the Commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
(4) "Committee" means the Polysomnography
Professional Standards Committee.
(5) "Committee Designee" means any individual
authorized by the Committee to conduct a review of the qualifications of an
applicant for a license or temporary permit to practice polysomnography, to
make an initial determination as to whether the applicant has met all the
requirements to practice polysomnography, and to issue temporary authorizations
to practice in accordance with T.C.A. §
(6) "Committee Office" means the office of
the Unit Director assigned to the Committee located at 227 French Landing,
Suite 300, Heritage Place, MetroCenter, Nashville, TN 37243.
(7) "Department" means Tennessee Department
(8) "Direct supervision"
means the same as in T.C.A. §
(9) "Division" means the Division of Health
Related Boards, in the Department of Health, responsible for all
administrative, fiscal, inspectional, clerical and secretarial functions of the
health related boards enumerated in T.C.A. §
(10) "General supervision" means the same as
in T.C.A. §
(11) "License" means document issued by the
Committee to an applicant who has completed the process for licensure, or
temporary permit, or licensure by endorsement. The license takes the form of an
artistically designed license as well as other versions bearing an expiration
(12) "Licensee" means a
person granted a license as a polysomnographic technologist by the Committee,
in the Board's name.
(13) "Scope of
Practice" means the practice by polysomnographic technologists as governed by