Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1200-08-35-.05 - ADMISSIONS, DISCHARGES, AND TRANSFERS
(1) All procedures provided in an Outpatient Diagnostic Center shall be ordered by a physician. The name, address and telephone number of the ordering physician shall be recorded in the patient's medical record.
(2) Diagnostic testing in outpatient diagnostic centers may be ordered by the following:
(a) Any Tennessee practitioner licensed under Title 63 who is authorized to do so by his or her practice act;
(b) Any out of state practitioner who has a Tennessee telemedicine license issued pursuant to rule 0880-02-.16; or
(c) Any duly licensed out of state health care professional who is authorized by his or her state board to order outpatient diagnostic testing in hospitals for individuals with whom that practitioner has an existing face-to-face patient relationship as outlined in rule 0880-02-.14(7)(a) 1., 2., and 3.
(3) The facility shall ensure that no person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or handicap, will be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or service of the facility. The facility shall protect the civil rights of residents under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
(4) For purposes of this chapter, and when applicable, the requirements for signature or countersignature by a physician responsible for signing, countersigning or authenticating an entry may be satisfied by the electronic entry by such person of a unique code assigned exclusively to him or her, or by entry of other unique electronic or mechanical symbols, provided that such person has adopted same as his or her signature in accordance with established Outpatient Diagnostic Center protocol or rules.
(5) The Outpatient Diagnostic Center shall have available a plan for emergency transportation to a licensed local hospital.
(6) As needed, the patient and family members or interested persons must be taught and/or counseled to prepare them for post procedural care.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 68-11-202, 68-11-204, 68-11-206, 68-11-209, and 68-11-216.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.