Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1200-24-05-.04 - APPROVAL OF PLANS
(1) Plans and specifications submitted pursuant to these rules shall be approved only if the proposed construction would be in compliance with the minimum standards of fire prevention, fire protection, and building construction safety in effect at the time of initial submission.
(2) No final approval of plans and specifications shall be valid unless the construction represented by such plans and specifications has substantially progressed within twelve (12) months after the effective date of any adopted revisions of the building or codes standards in effect at the time of initial submission.
(3) A copy of the approved plans and specifications shall be retained on the job site through completion of the project and final inspection.
(4) Construction shall proceed in accordance with the plans and specifications as approved hereunder. If construction is completed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications, the building represented by such plans and specifications shall be exempt from subsequently adopted standards of fire prevention, fire protection, and building construction safety, unless the non-conformity of the building to such standards poses a serious life safety hazard.
(5) No approval of, or failure to review, plans and specifications by the Department shall relieve the owner, developer, designing architect or engineer of their respective responsibilities for compliance with applicable laws, rules or codes respecting fire prevention, fire protection, and building construction safety.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 68-11-202, 68-11-204, 68-11-206, 68-11-209, and 68-11-216.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.