Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1370-01-.19 - BOARD MEETINGS, OFFICERS, CONSULTANTS, DECLARATORY ORDERS AND SCREENING PANELS
(1) Board meetings - The time, place, and frequency of Board meetings shall be at the discretion of the Chairperson or after the written request of any two (2) members of the Board, except at least one (1) meeting shall be held annually.
(2) The Board shall elect annually from its membership a chairperson and a secretary who each shall hold office for one (1) year, or until the election and qualification of a successor. In the absence of the Board's chair, the meeting shall be chaired by the Board's Secretary.
(a) Chairperson - presides at all Board meetings.
(b) Secretary - who along with the Board's administrator shall be responsible for correspondence from the Board.
(c) If a need arises, the Board can elect by majority vote a chair Pro Tem to serve as Chairperson for that Board meeting.
(3) The Board has the authority to select a Board Consultant who shall serve as a Consultant to the Division and who is vested with the authority to do the following acts:
(a) Review complaints and recommend whether and what type disciplinary actions should be instituted as the result of complaints received or investigations conducted by the Division;
(b) Recommend whether and upon what terms a complaint, case or disciplinary action might be settled. Any matter proposed for settlement must be subsequently reviewed, evaluated, and ratified by the Board before it becomes effective; and
(c) Undertake any other matter authorized by a majority vote of the Board of Communications Disorders and Sciences.
(4) Declaratory Orders - The Board adopts, as if fully set out herein, rule 1200-10-01-.11, of the Division of Health Related Boards and as it may from time to time be amended, as its rule governing the declaratory order process. All declaratory order petitions involving statutes, rules or orders within the jurisdiction of the Board shall be addressed by the Board pursuant to that rule and not by the Division. Declaratory Order Petition forms can be obtained from the Board's administrative office
(5) Screening panels. - The Board adopts, as if fully set out herein, rule 1200-10-01-.13, of the Division of Health Related Boards and as it may from time to time be amended, as its rule governing the screening panel process.
(6) Reconsiderations and Stays - The Board authorizes the member who chaired the Board for a contested case to be the agency member to make the decisions authorized pursuant to rule 1360-04-01-.18 regarding petitions for reconsiderations and stays in that case.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-1-138, 63-17-105, 63-17-117 and 63-17-118.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.