12VAC30-120-1750 - Payment for services
12VAC30-120-1750. Payment for services
A. PC services provided in the tech waiver shall be reimbursed at an hourly rate established by DMAS. All skilled PDN services and skilled PDN respite care services shall be reimbursed in increments of 15 minutes as a unit and shall be reimbursed at a rate established by DMAS.
B. Reimbursement for AT and EM shall be as follows.
1. All AT covered procedure codes provided in the tech waiver shall be reimbursed as a service limit of one and up to a per member annual maximum of $5,000 per calendar year regardless of waiver. Such service shall only be provided to individuals who are also receiving private duty nursing.
2. All EM services shall be reimbursed up to $5,000 per individual per calendar regardless of waiver year as long as such services are not duplicative. All EM services shall be reimbursed at the actual cost of material and labor and no mark ups shall be permitted. Such service shall only be provided to individuals who are also receiving private duty nursing.
C. Duplication of services.
1. DMAS shall not duplicate services that are required as a reasonable accommodation as a part of the ADA (42 USC §§ 12131 through 12165), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 USC 791 et seq.), or the Virginians with Disabilities Act (§ 51.5-1 et seq. of the Code of Virginia).
2. Payment for services under the POC shall not duplicate payments made to public agencies or private entities under other program authorities for this same purpose. All private insurance benefits for skilled PDN shall be exhausted before Medicaid reimbursement can occur as Medicaid shall be the payer of last resort.
3. DMAS payments for EM shall not be duplicative in homes where multiple waiver individuals reside. For example, one waiver individual may be approved for required medically necessary bathroom modifications while a second waiver individual in the same household would be approved for a medically necessary access ramp but not for the same improvements to the same bathroom.
D. Cost-effectiveness computations for the tech waiver shall be completed by DMAS upon completion of the POC for all individuals entering the waiver. The total annual aggregate cost of the waiver shall not exceed the cost of backup facility placement. For individuals, regardless of age, the DMAS staff shall ensure the anticipated cost to DMAS for the individual's waiver services for a 12-month period shall not exceed the annual average aggregate costs to DMAS for specialized nursing facility care for those individuals 21 years of age or older or for continued hospitalization for individuals younger than 21 years of age.(Derived From Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 12, eff. March 13, 2014.)
Statutory Authority: § 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 1396.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.