12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-50-340 - Criteria for PACE enrollment
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 9, December 20, 2021
Statutory Authority: § 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 1396.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
12VAC30-50-340. Criteria for PACE enrollment.
A. Eligibility shall be determined in the manner provided for in the State Plan and these regulations. To the extent these regulations differ from other provisions of the State Plan for purposes of PACE eligibility and enrollment, these regulations shall control.
B. Individuals meeting the following nonfinancial criteria shall be eligible to enroll in PACE plans approved by DMAS:
1. Individuals who are age 55 or older;
2. Individuals who require nursing facility level of care and are at imminent risk of nursing facility placement as determined by a nursing home preadmission screening team through a nursing home preadmission screening performed using the UAI;
3. Individuals for whom PACE plan services are medically appropriate and necessary because without the services the individual is at imminent risk of nursing facility placement;
4. Individuals who reside in a PACE plan catchment area;
5. Individuals who meet other criteria specified in a PACE plan contract;
6. Individuals who participate in the Medicaid or Medicare programs as specified in § 32.1-330.3 E of the Code of Virginia; and
7. Individuals who voluntarily enroll in a PACE plan and agree to the terms and conditions of enrollment.
C. To the extent permitted by federal law and regulation, individuals meeting the following financial criteria shall be eligible to enroll in PACE plans approved by DMAS:
1. Individuals whose income is determined by DMAS under the provision of the State Plan to be equal to or less than 300% of the current Supplemental Security Income payment standard for one person; and
2. Individuals whose resources are determined by DMAS under the provisions of the State Plan to be equal to or less than the current resource allowance established in the State Plan.
D. For purposes of a financial eligibility determination, applicants shall be considered as if they are institutionalized for the purpose of applying institutional deeming rules.
E. DMAS shall not pay for services provided to an applicant by a PACE contractor if such services are provided prior to the PACE plan authorization date set by the nursing home preadmission screening team.
§ 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 1396.
Derived from Volume 25, Issue 08, eff. February 5, 2009.