12 Va. Admin. Code § 5-20-120 - Committee records
A. Documentation of committee activities shall be prepared and maintained by each such committee and shall include the following:
1. Copies of all research proposals reviewed, scientific evaluations that may accompany the proposals, approved sample consent documents, progress reports submitted by investigators, and reports of injuries to subjects;
2. Minutes of committee meetings in sufficient detail to show attendance at the meetings; actions taken by the committee; the vote on each action, including the number of members voting for, against, and abstaining; the basis for requiring changes in or disapproving research; and a written summary of the discussion of controversial issues and their resolution;
3. Records of continuing review activities;
4. Copies of all correspondence between the committee and the investigators;
5. A list of committee members;
6. Written procedures for the committee; and
7. Statements of significant new findings provided to subjects.
B. The records required by this chapter shall be retained for at least three years, and records relating to research that is conducted shall be retained for at least three years after completion of the research. All records shall be accessible for inspection and copying by authorized employees or agents of the department at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner.
C. Each research review committee of a state institution or agency shall ensure that an overview of approved human research projects and the results of such projects are made public on such institution's or agency's website unless otherwise exempt from disclosure under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (§ 2.2-3700 et seq. of the Code of Virginia).
Statutory Authority: §§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-12.1 of the Code of Virginia.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.