20 Va. Admin. Code § 5-335-110 - Marketing by energy storage aggregators
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
Statutory Authority: §§ 12.1-13 and 56-585.5 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
20VAC5-335-110. Marketing by energy storage aggregators.
A. An energy storage aggregator shall provide accurate, understandable information in any advertisements, solicitations, marketing materials, or customer service contracts in a manner that is not misleading. Marketing material found misleading by the commission will be withdrawn by the energy storage aggregator from its published materials.
B. Customer service contracts shall include:
1. Explanations of the price for the energy storage aggregator's services or, if the exact price cannot feasibly be specified, an explanation of how the price will be calculated;
2. Explanations of how the customer will be compensated for the value of their energy storage;
3. Length of the service contract, including any provisions for automatic contract renewal;
4. Provisions for termination by the customer and by the energy storage aggregator;
5. A statement of any minimum contract terms, minimum or maximum storage requirements, minimum or fixed charges, and any other charges;
6. Applicable fees including start-up fees, cancellation fees, late payment fees, and fees for checks returned for insufficient funds;
7. A notice of any billing terms and conditions;
8. A toll-free telephone number and an address for inquiries and complaints;
9. In a conspicuous place, confirmation of the customer's request for enrollment and the approximate date the customer's service shall commence;
10. A notice that, upon request by the customer, the energy storage aggregator shall provide a copy of its dispute resolution procedure; and
11. A notice that, upon any change in the terms and conditions of the contract, including any provisions governing price or pricing methodology or assignment of the contract to another energy storage aggregator, the energy storage aggregator shall communicate such changes to the customer at least 30 days in advance of implementing such changes.
§§ 12.1-13 and 56-585.5 of the Code of Virginia.
Derived from Volume 37, Issue 10, eff. January 1, 2021.