21VAC5-45-30 - Federal Regulation A Tier 2 offerings
21VAC5-45-30. Federal Regulation A Tier 2 offerings
A. An issuer planning to offer and sell securities in this Commonwealth in an offering exempt under Tier 2 of federal Regulation A (17 CFR 230.251 through 17 CFR 230.263) and § 18(b)(3) or 18(b)(4) of the Securities Act of 1933 (15 USC § 77a) shall submit the following at least 21 calendar days prior to the initial sale in this Commonwealth:
1. A completed Regulation A - Tier 2 notice filing form or copies of all documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission;
2. A consent to service of process on Form U-2 if not filing on the Regulation A - Tier 2 notice filing form; and
3. A filing fee of $500 payable the Treasurer of Virginia.
B. The initial notice filing is effective for 12 months from the date of the filing with this Commonwealth. For each additional 12-month period in which the same offering is continued, an issuer conducting a Tier 2 offering under federal Regulation A may renew its notice filing by filing the following on or before the expiration of the notice filing:
1. The Regulation A - Tier 2 notice filing form marked "renewal" or a cover letter or other document requesting renewal; and
2. A renewal fee in the amount of $250 payable to the Treasurer of Virginia.
C. An issuer may increase the amount of securities offered in this Commonwealth by submitting a Regulation A - Tier 2 notice filing form marked "amendment" or other document describing the transaction.(Derived From Virginia Register Volume 33, Issue 12, eff. 2/1/2017.)
Statutory Authority: §§ 12.1-13 and 13.1-523 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.