22 Va. Admin. Code § 40-665-180 - Renumbered
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
Statutory Authority: §§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22VAC40-665-180. Caregiver records.
The following records shall be kept for each caregiver:
1. Name, address, verification of age, and date of employment or volunteering.
2. Documentation that background checks were completed, including:
a. The department's letter indicating eligibility to be hired provided by the department or the department's contractor indicating:
(1) Satisfactory results of the fingerprint-based national criminal background check; and
(2) Satisfactory results of the Virginia Child Protective Services Central Registry check.
b. Satisfactory results of the child abuse and neglect registry from any other state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years.
c. Results of a criminal history record information check and sex offender registry check from any state in which the person has resided in the preceding five years.
d. The individual's sworn statement or affirmation as to whether the individual has ever been:
(1) The subject of a founded complaint of child abuse or neglect within or outside the Commonwealth; or
(2) Convicted of a crime or is the subject of any pending criminal charges with the Commonwealth or any equivalent offense outside the Commonwealth.
e. The vendor shall have such documentation for any individual who begins employment or service after the vendor agreement has been signed in the file within 30 days of the individual's beginning date of employment or service.
f. Documentation of subsequent background checks conducted every five years.
3. Tuberculosis screening results.
4. Certifications for first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and other certifications as required by the responsibilities held by the caregiver.
5. Documentation that training required by 22VAC40-665-230 has been completed that includes the name and topic of the training, the date completed, the total hours of the session, and the names of the organization that sponsored the training and of the trainer.
6. Date of separation from employment where applicable.
7. Documentation of the health requirements under 22VAC40-665-190.
§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-611 of the Code of Virginia; 45 CFR 98.11.
Derived from Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. October 17, 2018; Errata, 35:7 VA.R. 1061 November 26, 2018; Errata, 35:8 VA.R. 1092 December 10, 2018; Volume 37, Issue 02, eff. October 15, 2020.