22 Va. Admin. Code § 40-665-320 - Renumbered
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
Statutory Authority: §§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22VAC40-665-320. Forbidden actions.
The following actions or threats thereof are forbidden:
1. Physical punishment, including striking a child, roughly handling or shaking a child, restricting movement through binding or tying, forcing a child to assume an uncomfortable position, or using exercise as a punishment;
2. Enclosure in a small, confined space or any space that the child cannot freely exit himself; however this does not apply to the use of equipment such as cribs, play yards, high chairs, and safety gates when used for their intended purpose with children preschool age or younger;
3. Punishment by another child;
4. Withholding or forcing of food, water, or rest;
5. Verbal remarks that are demeaning to the child;
6. Punishment for toileting accidents; and
7. Punishment by applying unpleasant or harmful substances.
§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-611 of the Code of Virginia; 45 CFR 98.11.
Derived from Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. October 17, 2018.