22 Va. Admin. Code § 40-665-360 - Renumbered
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
Statutory Authority: §§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22VAC40-665-360. Preventing the spread of disease.
A. A child shall not be allowed to attend the family day home for the day if he has:
1. A temperature over 101°F;
2. Recurrent vomiting or diarrhea; or
3. Symptoms of a communicable disease.
B. If all children in care are from a single family unit, the caregiver may choose not to exclude a child who is ill.
C. If a child needs to be excluded according to subsection A of this section, the following shall apply:
1. Arrangements shall be made for the child to leave the family day home as soon as possible after the signs or symptoms are observed; and
2. The child shall remain in a designated quiet area until leaving the family day home.
D. When any surface has been contaminated with body fluids, it shall be cleaned and sanitized.
§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-611 of the Code of Virginia; 45 CFR 98.11.
Derived from Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. October 17, 2018.